Mute button follows Play button

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Simon

Mute button follows Play button

Post by Simon »

This is a feature asked by a few people already.

The idea is to add another setting where the Mute button automatically follow the Play button: it unmutes when it is playing, and mutes again when playing.

In my idea it would still be possible to press the mute button to unmute, but if the play button is pressed the mute/unmute status (of the metronome) will change accordingly.

Feel free to comment as always :)

Simon
OrangeGorilla

Re: Mute button follows Play button

Post by OrangeGorilla »

Yes, this is something I would be interested in for live use!
muZikman

Post by muZikman »

Simon wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 21:13
The idea is to add another setting where the Mute button automatically follow the Play button: it unmutes when it is playing, and mutes again when playing.
Great idea! I think it would be also beneficial to have it also be a setting to be muted while playing, and unmuted while stopped - that way a drummer who otherwise can follow along w/ the rest of the band (if it's clocked with a Midronome), but still use it as a click track when synths are not playing to set tempo, during a break, or to click-off into the next song.

-Z
Urban

Post by Urban »

Simon wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 21:13 This is a feature asked by a few people already.

In my idea it would still be possible to press the mute button to unmute, but if the play button is pressed the mute/unmute status (of the metronome) will change accordingly.

Feel free to comment as always :)

Simon
I need that feature too! It would so replace my existing setup, I would have to press fewer buttons.
mattbassg

Post by mattbassg »

I think I'd find this helpful - especially in conjunction with the Reset 'On' mode (where audio click is reset / rewound to the start of a bar).
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi all - I just realized there is an easy workaround for those who want this feature.

You'll need a pedal and 2 adapter cables: a TRS -> 2xTS splitter and a TS -> 2xTS duplicater.

Situation 1: your pedal has a jack input plug (like the Zoom FS01 or Boss FS-5x), then you need: Situation 2: your pedal has a jack cable (like the Lead Foot LFS-1 or the Hammond FS-9H), then you need: Then you plug the two adapter cables together, put the TRS end in the INPUT of the Midronome, and the other end in your pedal. Then you simply configure your Midronome to activate both pedal inputs (PEd and PE.2), one set to Mute, the other set to Play.

Press the pedal and voilà - you can do Mute and Play at the same time ;)

Simon